Friday, April 01, 2011

Shrimp Scampi


Shrimp Scampi is one of my favorite dishes and so easy to make. I love to whip up this dish for family and friends. At one quarter pound of shrimp per person, the dish is also affordable, despite having shrimp in it. In fifteen to twenty minutes, you can have an elegant, very tasty dish.
 



Start with olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Season shrimp with kosher salt and pepper. Layer shrimp in a pan without crowding. Sautee for four to five minutes on one side, 

 


Turn over and cook two more minutes.



 
 Remove shrimp from pan, add 2 T. of butter and two cloves of garlic (add 1 T. of butter and 1 clove of garlic for each serving). I am making two servings. Once the butter has melted, add ½ cup of white wine and 1 T. of red pepper flakes. Add cooked angel hair pasta and shrimp to pan, carefully turn the pasta and shrimp until all the noodles are covered.



Remove from heat, add one tablespoon of olive oil. My sister sent me this gorgeous olive oil with a delicate lemon flavor. 


Serve the shrimp with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese. 




Absolutely delicious and quick meal, you need to add this to your meals.

4 comments:

  1. Looks so good....I must make this over the weekend. Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy, I just got back from grocery shopping and wish I had seen this first! I'm so hungry for this now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hello! I love shrimp scampi. I have not had that in the longest time. :o) I may need to put those ingredients on my grocery list. :o)
    I love your header by the way!!
    Have a great day. :o)
    Sincerely, Trish

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia