Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sisters

My sister sends me the best gifts for either Christmas or my birthday. This birthday, she sent me a book on quotes about sisters.

Now we have not always been close but as we get older, past jealousies, hard feelings and hurts have melted away to a fun friendship where we can tease each other, cry with each other’s troubles and laugh at our failings. 


We share a love of baking, cooking, gardening and home improvement. 

However, she is better at home improvement than I am. She helped me wallpaper this room… actually she did the work and I was her able assistant.
(Psst, I am a better cook, don’t tell her I said that.) I think she is a better baker but I have yet to taste anything so I am withholding judgment until I can taste the proof.


With my daughter’s wedding looming, she is coming early to help with the final arrangements and to hold my hand while I act strong… even though I will cry!!


The sweet friendship I have with my sister makes me feel blessed to have in my life… even though I am smarter and prettier than her… just kidding!!!

9 comments:

  1. I think this is a super sweet post and it made me laugh. :-) I'm glad you guys are learning to be great sisters. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! You made me cry!! I love you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, wait a minute! YOU'RE the better cook? No you're not, I am. I'm telling mom!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you both have your strengths in the kitchen.. but I'd take you both down! JUST KIDDING!!
    Seriously...
    If you both worked together making food and dessert, I bet it would be the best meal EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so wonderful to see you both be able to move beyond the stuff you went through in your childhoods to be able to connect and love and support each other! I know it means a lot to Weasy, and it clearly means a lot to you too.

    And anytime you guys need someone to judge a bake or cookoff, count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You all are so funny. I am glad all of you are in my life!!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. how nice to have a sister to help out..and to have fun with...

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet! I hope I can grow closer to my sister one day. She is still in the "growing up" phase while I am in the mothering groove.

    On a happier note, can't wait to see the wedding preparations!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia