Monday, May 02, 2011

May Goals

Remember my New Year’s Resolutions? Well, how am I doing on my goals?

1.     Involved in two committees at church – one so far, trying to track down the other committee
2.    Take a knitting class
3.    Lose weight… a perennial favorite – 8 pounds, 3 this month. Plus, hubby is buying me a bicycle for Mother's Day so I will have to find a bike partner and a place to go.
4.    Read 6 books, not cookbooks, my first love. – two down and four to go
5.    Organize my office - done
6.    Learn Italian
7.    Visit one U.S. historical site with the family. 



One of the dogs in the garden!!! 
In addition to my yearly goals, May is the last full month before my daughter’s wedding.  With no school, I can focus on the last projects before the wedding. Some furniture needs to be painted. I have some last minute purchases for the guest rooms. Rain prevented a lot of the goals from April to be completed but I should be able to finish them in the first week of May.
Pots need planting and last flowers need to be planted. But the next months bring deadheading, weeding and pruning. In other words, maintenance.  
Jam making starts as strawberries come into season, and I have to finish using the blackberries in the freezer. 



Here are my goals for May:
1.     Flower pots planted
2.    15 flats of petunias and vincas planted
3.    Two new Adirondack chairs painted
4.    Armoire, shelves and several tables painted
5.    Daughter’s Condo finished
6.    Duvet Cover sewed.
7.    Three birthday cakes made
8.    Guest bags finished to deliver to hotel
What are your May goals?

2 comments:

  1. I'm taking it one day at a time...love your new look...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finish school May 27!!

    Son's tonsils out on Thursday.

    More planting.

    More walking.

    Less eating. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia