Sunday, July 17, 2011

Menu: Week Ending July 24th


Like every week, I have a plan for the week. I am still painting my office and trying to move almost every TV around the house…. Don’t ask, just need to.
I have to finish testing for the bridal shower favor, gather more herbs and will be picking peaches. 

Canning of peach jam and looks like I am getting a bounty of roma tomatoes this week, so tomato sauce will also be canned. 
 
My son and I have a golf date. Although, I will not be able to golf with him if he looks like this... he is too cute. 




This is big news as I have not played any golf in ten years, with my bad knees but since I had surgery last year, I am ready!! Wish me luck. My handsome son doesn’t have anything to worry about, he will win at golf. 

          Monday

Grilled Chicken with Strawberry Feta Salsa
Baked Potatoes
Green Salad

Tuesday



Salmon with Basil Lime Butter
Fried corn cakes
Heirloom Tomato Stack

Wednesday

Egg Salad
Sweet Potato Fries

Thursday



Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Brushetta

In a medium bowl, stir together, 8 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon,
4 roma tomatoes, (plum), seeded and chopped,
1 cup green lettuce, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper

Brush ¼ inch sliced of a French bread with olive oil on both sides.
Place on baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees about 7 minutes per side,
until crisp and golden , cool.
Spoon the brushetta onto each slice toast round.
Top with a little crumbled feta or goat cheese.

Oven Fried Potatoes

Friday

Meatball Subs
Cesar Salad

Saturday

Orzo Pasta Salad

Cook 2 cups of orzo according to package, drain
Sauté asparagus cut into bite sized pieces, for about .
Add 1 clove of garlic and two cups of spinach, sauté until limp.
Let cool and add to the orzo.
Add cherry tomatoes, quartered pepperoni and mozzarella cheese cut to the same size as the cherry tomatoes.
Coat with Italian dressing or a vinaigrette.

Sunday



Club Sandwiches
Potato Salad

I am linking again to Yvonne at Stone Gable. 



She has a fabulous blog. I need to remember to link earlier, sorry Yvonne. I also love all her readers and will be visiting some fabulous recipes.

3 comments:

  1. Everything looks great! Especially the salmon, I'll have to pick some up for the grill. Thanks for sharing.
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your menu! I am visiting for the first time and I cannot wait to go see more. Enjoy golfing with your son. I can't wait until mine are old enough to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cynthia,
    Your menu looks very delicious! I would love to be at your home everyday. Thanks for stopping by today. I have answered your question about the Roasted Corn, Black Bean and Pineapple Salad on the blog. Hope you enjoy it. Come back to see me!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia