We love lettuce wraps and they are nice and low calorie. And this recipe is delicious… I love the marinade and could not get enough of it.
To fix the marinade, in a Ziploc bag, add garlic, brown sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, vegetable oil and salt and pepper. I used thin sliced pork chops and placed the chops in the bag and coated thoroughly. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
I was going to grill the chops but it started to rain and had to broil them. Either way, remove the pork from the marinade and grill, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes, then cut into strips.
Assemble the lettuce wraps and serve with the carrot sauce. I added an egg roll and what a delicious dinner.
For the Pork:
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for brushing
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds thin boneless pork chops
For the Sauce and Fixings:
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon grated carrot
- 1 teaspoon Asian chile sauce, such as sambal oelek
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 head Boston lettuce, leaves separated