Thursday, July 14, 2011

Yard Sale finds and decorating outside


Recently I found two sweet deals at yard sales and thought I would share them with you. 

I was wondering around a “junky” yard same and came across this wonderful wrought iron window box. It was rusty, and chipping. Oh did I mention, it was $1? I mean hello!!! So, a little metal brush rubbing to get the chips off, a good coat of primer and two coats of black spray paint, voila!!!!



 A little ferns, ivy and how pretty is that on the patio?



At another sale, I came across this plant stand. $20 A perfect stand for outside of my potting shed but here is the cool part. This stand is an antique lifeguard stand for the ocean. 



Can you see the hot life guard sitting on top of this stand? I debated whether to set it by the pool and swing a whistle… but then I decided to use if for a plant stand. 


What yard sale finds have you found?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...you got some great deals at your yard sales. I never seem to have any luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! What Awesome finds you got. Love that wrought iron planter and your plants look really darn good in there.
    I never find anything like that around here. You have a good eye for the great finds.
    Ones trash is anothers treasure.
    Thanks U 4 sharing.
    ColleenB.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia