Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Bridal Favors


A friend and I recently hosted a bridal shower for another friend’s daughter. As you know, I love baking treats but when it comes to baking favors for showers, each favor needs to be unique for each shower. Sometimes this can be a challenge. 

But while strolling through Williams Sonoma, this pan was a beautiful inspiration for the bridal shower favors. Do you often get ideas when strolling through Williams Sonoma? I do….


Using a yellow cake recipe, I filled the greased and floured wells, 2/3rd’s full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. 



Mix 4 cups of confectionery sugar with 3/8th cup of milk to make a glaze. I could have reduced the milk and added an extract, almond or lemon at this point. You can also color the glaze at this point but I wanted white cakes, therefore no coloring.  


Carefully spoon the glaze over each cake, covering thoroughly. The glaze dries to a hardened shell in about 30 minutes. I added a sweet flower before the glaze dried. 


On a side note, each cake had their own cake plate made out of cardboard I cut to fit the bottom diameter. 
 

Combining shredded paper in an acetate box and matching ribbon, the cakes made charming additions to each ladies place setting. I also added a sweet wedding cake charm to each box. 

 


The little cakes were a great hit. I think they would be cute decorated for a little girl’s party, pink and white!!! What do you think? 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Cynthia,
    What wonderful favors! I love the idea of individual cakes. They're beautiful.
    Thanks for stopping by earlier!
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these little cakes!! Simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia