Monday, August 22, 2011

Menu Week Ending August 28th



As school starts, one of the traditions I like to keep going throughout the school year is to make an old fashioned Sunday dinner. You know, the Norman Rockwell type dinner with the dining room table set and the family gathered around the table. As our family has grown this year, I am re-instating the mandatory Sunday night dinner with Momma!!! Or else!!!! So now my Sunday dinners will need to step up a notch. I have a friend who's Sunday night dinners are theme dinners. How fun is that?

Class preparations are almost finished. I love teaching and it will be fun to be back in the classroom. I miss the students at the end of August.

My office will be finished by next week. The tables I ordered should be shipped tomorrow. I do need to paint furniture but that will have to wait until the humidity comes down. Still too hot and humid. Hopefully in a week or two I can finish those pieces.

Lastly, I am working on my fall organization and schedule. We are planning three major parties and two smaller parties, a bathroom renovation, fall cleaning, all the fall planting, fall cleaning the house for winter and Christmas parties, presents and baking. This time of year requires a great deal of planning in order to enjoy it and not feel overwhelmed. 


Monday




Chicken Tortellini with Pesto
Cesar Salad
Fresh Garlic Bread

Tuesday

Pork Medallions in Mustard Cream Sauce
Baked Potatoes
Sauteed Green Beans

Wednesday

Out

Thursday

 

Black Bean Chili
Velveeta Dip with Chips

Friday

 

Croque Monsieur
Garden Salad

Saturday

 


BLT Salad

1 pound bacon
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
salt to taste
1 head romaine lettuce - rinsed, dried and shredded
2 large tomatoes, chopped
2 cups seasoned croutons

 

Directions

Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat, turning frequently, until evenly browned. Drain, crumble and set aside.
In a blender or food processor, combine mayonnaise, milk, garlic powder and black pepper. Blend until smooth. Season the dressing with salt.
Combine lettuce, tomatoes, bacon and croutons in a large salad bowl. Toss with dressing, and serve immediately.

Sunday


 

Rosemary Roasted Chicken
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Spinach Salad
Chocolate Cake

Yvonne has her menu party again this week. She has the loveliest blog and the most spectacular menus. You will love her. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cynthia,
    Your menu for the week and your BLT Salad look so good. I wish I had that salad right now. Just stopping by from OTMM, thanks for sharing!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with your idea about having Sunday Dinners. They are a very important part of our family too. Most weekends we all congregate at my mum and dad's house for a weekly get together and even though it's noisy and chaotic with 8 adults and 6 kids running around we wouldn't miss it!

    I hope your Sunday Dinner was wonderful!

    Best wishes and happy week,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia