Monday, August 01, 2011

Menu: Week Ending August 7th


This week, I am trying to finish the office. The furniture needs to be painted but it is way too hot and humid to spray paint. Both dogs need their middle summer haircuts and the yard will need another round of weed and feed. 

Middle to late summer makes every chore more cumbersome. I would love to clean kitchen cabinets out but it is way too hot. I will spend this week planning new perennials, any fall garden plants and if we are going to plant new trees or bushes. Sitting inside planning a garden is the best of both worlds. 

My shoulder and ankle are slow to heal. I am going to physical therapy… yuck but hopefully, I will be 100 percent soon. 

Monday

 

Southwest Taco Salad
With Corn Salsa

Tuesday


Smashed Potatoes

Wednesday

PW Flank Steak
Corn with Cilantro Butter
Caprese Salad

Thursday

 

Club Sandwiches
French Fries

Friday




Slow-Cooked BBQ Chicken finished on the Grill
Potato Salad
Cesar Salad

Saturday

 

Melon Mozzarella Salad with honey vinagrette

Sunday

Steak Sandwiches with left-over flank steak
Crudities


 Joining Yvonne with her fantastic menu party. She has so many wonderful ideas. You will love her.


3 comments:

  1. it is way to hot here in Texas to do much gardening...gonna be above 100 all week some days 106....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find my energy waning around this time of year and sad to say I sometimes lose interest in my flower garden. I hope you begin to heal and feel better soon!
    I am having a 100th post give-away over at my blog, Here on Hartland. Be sure to stop by for a chance to win a copy of the bookazine "Where Women Cook" featuring the Pioneer Woman.
    Kathy
    hereonhartland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia, Your menus are culinary works of art! I love every day's menu! Thank you for giving all of us these wonderful recipes and being a encouragement to everyone who want to menu plan! You are a gift to ON THE MENU MONDAY!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia