After my daughter's wedding, I really wanted to repaint and remodel my office. I love the color but it really needed to be freshened up.
More importantly, the layout of the office just didn't work. the flow... I felt like it was confining and messy.
So during the wedding planning process, I spent days thinking about a better layout and how I used the space.
A portion of the workspace had to be devoted to write.
2. I work on many projects, as you know. Some of the projects take longer than others. I needed space to leave these projects out to work on them.
3. I loved this Pottery Barn wall,
and decided to make my own organization wall. The board keeps all cards and invitations.... I just cleaned it off. My monthly calendar keeps me organized and the cork boards hold sewing projects and important loose papers.
4. Sewing is very important. I have three machines and need space to keep them out and a place where they are useful and available.
5. As you know, I love to bake and I love to give those goods away. With multiple types of wrapping, plus wrapping presents, dinners, etc, I wanted a wrap station.
This station from Home Decorators is perfect.
Deep drawers to hold everything you could need.
I found this little guy in Charleston and he needed to sit on my pretty craft station.
6. Again, you know how much I love to entertain. I have cleared these shelves to store new entertaining dishes, lanterns, candles, glasses, etc. You will love this space when it is organized and finished.
While, I am not finished, you can see how fabulous it will be. My goal is to finish it in the next two weeks. The new tables will ship on Monday and I can get rid of the temporary table. I will also be able to finish painting my shelves and some other furniture.