Friday, August 12, 2011

Pink Lemonade Cake


When the summer gets too hot... we need a fun light flavorful cake. This cake tastes like sitting on the porch, swinging your legs and drinking cool lemonade on a hot summer night. 


 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Prepare three 9 inch cake pans with butter and flour. In a separate bowl, combine cake flour, baking powder, salt.

Cream butter and sugar 


And pink lemonade drink mix until the mixture is fluffy. 



Add four eggs, one egg at a time and lemon extract. I like to have the eggs at room temperature. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture alternating between the dry ingredients and milk. Starting and ending with the flour mixture. 


I use a scale and separate the cake batter evenly between the three cake pans. 


Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool for about two hours. Then frost with Lemonade Butter cream.





My daughter and I baked this cake for her lovely co-workers at Energy Solutions. They are always checking out this blog and I wanted to reward them for their loyalty!!!! I love them and yes, I would adopt them.



Okay, we had to have a piece!!! The co-workers would understand....


Light and fluffy!




 Like a slice of summer.



I am participating in Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum



Pink Lemonade Cake
 1 1/2 c. butter, softened
1 1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. pink lemonade drink mix
4 eggs
1/2 t. lemon extract
4 c. cake flour
4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
2 1/2 c. milk

Lemonade Butter cream
1 1/2 c. butter, softened
6 T. frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 t. lemon zest
6 c. confectioner's sugar

In a large bowl, beat butter, lemon concentrate and lemon zest at medium speed with an electric mixer. Gradually add confectioner's sugar until light and fluffy.

1 comment:

  1. I love pink lemonade....wish I could eat cake....I enjoyed looking at yours...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia