Halloween is 5 weeks and 6 days away
Thanksgiving is 9 weeks and 2 days away.....
With the busiest time of year just around the corner, are you ready? Do you know what your plan is? So how are we going to get ready for the next fourteen weeks of fun, friends and family?
I may not be good at some things but I am great at planning. And I want to get you and I ready at the same time.
First question: Is your home ready for parties, extra cooking, extra baking, company and family?
Let's look around and see what needs to be done.
1. This bathroom will be remodeled before Thanksgiving, yikes.... but I have a plan.
2. The guest bedrooms are ready. Do you need new bed linens or towels?
3. The kitchen needs a good deep cleaning, a thorough inventory and some cabinet organization.
4. With three parties this fall, a big family birthday and Thanksgiving, and Christmas, I have started a plan and will share later but do you have a plan?
5. Have you thought about the children's costumes? I am working on the dog's costumes. You will love them.
6. How about the family picture for the Christmas card? Any idea when and where you will take it?
7. Do you have a plan for the bulbs and perennials? How about closing the garden? Any thoughts?
Don't panic. I have thought all those things through and through the next thirteen weeks will work to remember all the things you need to do....
First up... and maybe the easiest.
Walk around the house.... what projects can you accomplish in the next four weeks.
Write your list. Here's mine:
1. Bathroom remodeled
2. Shelves painted
3. Clean and organize the kitchen
4. Baseboards cleaned
5. Vacuum all the furniture.
6. Pack up all the accessories in my home. This gives me space for all the decorations.
7. Call for carpet cleaning
8. Paint kitchen hutch, stools and island.
This week, I am calling the carpet cleaners, cleaning and organizing the kitchen. By listing what I can realistically accomplish in four weeks, I can break down the projects into manageable tasks. Next week, I have company coming.... baseboards will be cleaned and all the furniture vacuumed.
I will keep you posted on my progress. What do you need to do?