Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits with Roast Beef and Horseradish Mayo


Do you need a great biscuit sandwich to go with soup, tailgate party or a quick lunch? Well, this biscuit is a delicious and an easy treat that looks like you slaved in the kitchen for hours... and hours...




Start with flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in 12 T. of butter, diced.
In the mixer,  on slow, stir until the butter looks like small peas. Add buttermilk and one cold egg. Mix until the dry ingredients are just wet. 

Next grate extra sharp Cheddar cheese

 

Remove the seeds and membrane from on jalapeno pepper and chop into tiny pieces. 

 

Mix into the biscuit mixture being very careful not to over mix. Put the entire mixture on a floured board and knead until fully mixed. Cut with a biscuit cutter.... look at my cute cutter... say that three times. 

 
Line on a baking sheet and brush with an egg wash. 

 

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees for 20 minutes.

Remove when golden brown. While still warm, cut the biscuit in half and place a slice of deli roast beef in the biscuit.


Serve with horseradish mayonnaise. (1 T. of Horseradish mixed with 1/2 c. of mayonnaise) 


Absolutely delicious and hearty.

I am participating in Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum. She has fantastic recipes and a beautiful website.



Buttermilk Cheddar Jalapeno Biscuits


Recipe adapted by Barefoot Contessa
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, diced
1/2 cup cold buttermilk, shaken
1 cold extra-large egg
1 cup grated extra-sharp Cheddar
1 jalapeƱo, deseeded with membrane removed, chopped
1 egg, beaten

4 comments:

  1. Oh my these look so good! I'm a jalapeno lover so what could be better?? So glad you stopped by today!! I'm happy to find your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so good!! Making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, MY, these look WONDERFUL!! I think these are going to be football snacks very soon :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay -- just wanted to let you know that I PINNED your recipe on Pintrest so I'd not forget it or where I saw it :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    P.S. I am now following you :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia