Thursday, September 29, 2011

Ole Miss Tablescape

My friend, Yvonne, has the most beautiful tablescapes. She has such a wonderful way with her home and I want to be her... Okay, not really but she does make the most wonderful tables and I tried to use inspiration to transform a normal tailgating party into an "Yvonne" type tailgating party.

So here it is....




 The kids couldn't attend the game so I wanted to bring a little bit of the Grove to our home. 




 Anyone who has been to Oxford for a game, knows how fancy the parties are there...



I love polka dots and thought how fun would it be to celebrate the Ole Miss vs. Georgia game at home with a beautiful Ole Miss tailgate.





Bakelite vintage flatware give the table a retro feel.  




Polka Dot dinner plates from Spode, the white with red polka dot plates are from Rosanna. Fiesta blue plates give a nice break between the polka dot plates.

 


 She always puts two napkins together and that is a wonderful touch to any table. The napkin rings are actually my Fourth of July napkin rings.




I used some pretty flowers for in my old Ole Miss bucket....




                                                                             

Red roses, white hydrangeas and blue delphinium tie the colors of the table together.

 

 I added blue ribbon to really bring the blue out of the delphinium and the table.


Add some candles to raise the level of the tailgate table to an elegant table.



               So pretty from above....







My football salt and pepper shakers.





 Thanks, Yvonne, for making my table beautiful and inspiring me to move out of my comfort zone. You help inspire women to transform their houses into homes. I am joining Susan at Between Naps and her fabulous tablescape party.

 

 

6 comments:

  1. now that is a fancy tailgate party...what did you serve?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is one fancy tailgate party! I like all the polka dots...I recognize your Noritake Sweet Swirl crystal. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Cynthia. I think this is my first visit to your blog. I'm on Tablescape Thursday every week and try to hit every last post, but you must have slipped through the crack somehow. At any rate, I'm glad to "meet" you today! It's so fun to see your fancy tailgate party! You added some really great touches! The flowers are so pretty and everything just goes together very well. I would love to find some cool football salt & pepper shakers like that! If you can remember where you bought them, please drop by to leave me a message as to where I can find them. I'm over at tabletwentyone.wordpress.com. I am always looking for really cool stuff like that. We're big Kansas City Chiefs fans (yes...I know they are blowing like Louie Armstrong's horn this year!), and if we're here for the weekend, I always cook and often have friends over. They'd get a kick out of the special little S&Ps! (Pun intended!) Thanks, and have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *love* her table setting!! :o) My favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marvelous tailgate tablescape...I adore plaids and dots, so it couldn't be better as far as I'm concerned. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute your indoor tailgate party setting is! Red, white and blue always make a welcoming tablesetting no matter what your school colors are!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia