Friday, September 30, 2011

Ole Miss Tailgate Party

After we set the table yesterday, the party started!!! My Roast Beef Jalapeno Cheese Biscuits were on the menu.




 Along with some cocktail wienies. What party is not complete without cocktail wienies.  But my Colonel Rebel dish is one of my favorites.





 No Ole Miss party is complete without him coming to it.











  


The obligatory vegetable platter. But the real star of the party was the Spinach Artichoke Dip.





 The Boursin cheese made this dish spectacular.




  
Saute shallots and garlic in butter over medium heat. Add the spinach and artichokes. I cut up the artichokes into much smaller pieces. Cook on low and after several minutes, add cream, Boursin cheese, salt and pepper. Stir gently and continue to cook until all the cheese is melted. Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.

Put into a well greased baking dish. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 300 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes until the top browns slightly. Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips or crackers.



 Spinach and Artichoke Dip

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup minced fresh shallots
  • 2 – 10oz. packages chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained
  • 4 cloves minced fresh garlic
  • 4TBL butter
  • 16oz. quartered artichoke hearts, drained
  • 2 cups heavy whipping cream
  • 4 oz. Boursin cheese
  • 1tsp. Kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp. white pepper
  • 1 cup shredded Parmesan or Italian blend cheese

2 comments:

  1. Can I come over? Please? :o) It all looks so delicious!! :o)
    I am having a little give a way.
    Would you like to drop by?
    Sincerely, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE spinach and artichoke dip, and yours is different from what I know so I bet it is delicious!! Everything looks yummy!! Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia