Thursday, September 01, 2011

September Goals


September is a funny month. While it is still technically summer, fall and the holidays are looming. September is the calm before the storm and this year with two major parties and my daughter's birthday party in October, September is the month where I will be working on invites, crafts, games and any thing I can complete ahead of time. 

If that weren't enough, we are remodeling a bathroom in October, as soon as my handyman comes back from his three week vacation. How is it that hubby and I had a weekend and the handyman gets three weeks. Oh well, this month I will look for vanity, tile, hardware, lighting, and a new toilet. The good news, I know what I want and just need to find it. 

Remember my New Year’s Resolutions? Well, how am I doing on my goals?

1.     Involved in two committees at church – one so far, trying to track down the other committee
2.    Take a knitting class – I will sign up this month.
3.    Lose weight… a perennial favorite – 8 total this year…. I started walking so maybe I have more luck
4.    Read 6 books, not cookbooks, ACCOMPLISHED
5.    Organize my office - ACCOMPLISHED








6.    Learn Italian – I am re-thinking this goal.
7.    Visit one U.S. historical site with the family – Hubby and I are going to Charleston but I would love to go to Mount Vernon. ACCOMPLISHED




Carriage Ride



Awesome homes near the Battery



 
What a pretty church!

I did terrible on my August goals and still have many on my September goals. The think about goals is they are there to help you achieve something. The worse thing in the world is to wake up in the morning without one clue what needs to be accomplished for the day. I always have a list of what needs to be done and when I wake up, I go with a purpose.


Here are my goals for September

1.     Duvet Cover and pillows sewed.
2.    Jumper sewn   - daughter and son-in-law's niece
3.    One gown smocked for Wee Care
4.    Office remodel finished
5.    Garage cleaned
6.    Guest bedrooms thoroughly cleaned
7.    Kitchen cabinets cleaned and organized.
8.    Potting shed thoroughly cleaned for the winter
9. Two parties planned. Invites and crafts done for the parties
10. Search for bathroom items

1 comment:

  1. you are awesome Cynthia....you sure make me want to be more organized...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia