Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Yard Sale Find: Pottery Barn Letters

When I redecorate a room, I do not finish it at the time the paint dries and the furniture goes back into place. Accessories are needed to layer a room and make the room go from finished to fabulous. My goal is to find the “right” accessories that will complete the room and take it to the next level.



With that goal in mind, I am always on the lookout for some of the right pieces at yard sales. Sometimes that takes a long time. But when I came across this bag of letters at a yard sale, I was intrigued!

The lady said $5 for the bag and the letters spell out Sweet Dreams. I have been looking for an old sign that spells out Groceries for my kitchen and I cannot make the word groceries from those letters. However, I could use them for my sweet girl’s room. They would be perfect!

 

Imagine my surprise when I opened up the box and found the letters are from Pottery Barn….. They sell for $10 a letter. SCORE!

I love them and they add a sweet touch to the room. But what word would I add to the room?



I chose REST because the room is used for a guest room for both of my nieces and thought they would like a place to put up their feet and relax....



Two lessons from this story:

1.     Wait to find the right pieces for a room. You do not have to finish the room today.
2.    Make sure you look at all the bags, boxes and what looks like junk at a yard sale, you never know what you will find.



Another perfect find was this tea tray. I put my grandmother's Hot Chocolate set on it... the set is pretty and reminds me of her when I see it.


 P.S. I am still on the lookout for a Groceries sign.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is one pretty room. I love the letters. You are so talented.

    When it comes to redoing rooms I always obsess and move slowly. We have a few rooms that need attention right now. Our guest bath is in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You really hit the jackpot!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, it looks so amazing! You know this room was in my inspiration file already -- well, I just had to print out a new copy with all the new, lovely accessories! It looks fantastic!

    ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia