Thursday, September 15, 2011

Zinnias and a cutting garden


After a long summer of weeding and watering, failed zucchini and cucumber plants, I bought one packet of zinnia seeds. 

 

I thought what the heck, with an empty flower bed, wouldn't it be nice to have some pretty cutting flowers.  

 

 Next summer I wanted to put in a cutting garden so I thought it would be my chance to experiment.


Well, hello pretty.... 



These zinnias lifted my spirit for the last month... when we had lack of rain, these flowers looked beautiful. I love the way they hang in the borders.



They are easy to grow, cut and put in pretty vases... 



2 comments:

  1. I have grown zinnias before and LOVE them! They make such a pretty gift to bring to a friend and to just bring into the house in a pretty vase. I haven't planted any in a few years but seeing yours and how you did them gives me an idea for next spring. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love zinnias....yours are very pretty...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia