Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Birthday Tablescape


Last week, we celebrated my daughter’s birthday with friends and family. Well, under Yvonne’s tutelage, I again tried to make a fancy tablescape. 



 My daughter’s favorite time of the year is fall, so I decided to make her birthday table a tribute to a cream and brown fall themes.




Incorporating natural elements, crystal and silver makes it look both fancy and casual. 


  


Potpourri also carries the natural theme to all elements. Do you have a hurricane container. You need one, we use it for pretty candles, candy containers for candy bars, popcorn containers and all kinds of pretty and fun things. 




Back to the table...my trusty Portmeirion Botanical Garden dishes.





Two chargers, the natural one from Pottery Barn and the ivory one from Ikea. 




 The table is not overly fussy but has the relaxed sumptuousness I wanted for her birthday.










Linen tablecloth and napkins complete the natural look.




 It was a fun dinner and everyone enjoyed themselves. I am joining Between Naps on the Porch for her Tablescape Thursday Party

 The Menu:
Marinated London Broil
Garlic Roasted Potatoes

13 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! And the menu sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tablescape! What a nice birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exquisite Cynthia! I love your soft natural Autumn table! I do love the fall oranges and the bright autumn colors, but the soft browns/ creams of fall should not be overlooked and your gorgeous upscale table is why!
    Your daughter must have been so thrilled.
    Just a little warning, fire and potpourri don't mix. My sister started a huge fire with a bowl filled with potpourri and a candle!

    I am so thrilled to see your table set with the timeless Portmeirion Botanical dishes. Aren't they classic and beautiful? They work so well with your overall theme!
    Happy Birthday to your daughter! What a lovely way to celebrate!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia,
    I have a very silly question, but one I have wanted to ask somebody for years. Please bear with me as I am trying to learn the "logistics" of a beautiful tablescape. Your table is beautiful and one that I would love to have dinner at, but how do you serve the food when there is a tablescape? Is it done from a buffet or do you remove the "pretties" and set the food on the table. I am the girl whose mother served all of our food straight from the pots she cooked in. The food was wonderful, but the table wasn't much to look at. This is why I am looking to you for advice!

    grace and peace,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet she loved every minute of it...you did a great job..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your fall girl, she must be a Libra like me, mine is today. Your table for her and anyone is just gorgeous, I love the softness with the browns, greens and whites is lovely. Thank you for sharing, I'm at TT at Susan's. Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure your daughter loved this table and the menu too! Hurricanes are the best. I fill mine with everything! How long ago did you get those chargers at Ikea? I may need to take a trip there.

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tablescape is beautiful. How about sharing the recipe for that cake?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful table celebrating your daughter's birthday. I hope she is taking note of your tablescaping skills!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty table! I love everything! The natural chargers, the swirly glasses, the hurricane filling, and the botanical plates! Very soothing hues, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful table you set for your daughter!!! I'm sure she enjoyed every detail of it!!! The Portmeirion Botanicals are gorgeous. They always make me think happy thoughts! And yes...I do have hurricanes. LOTS of hurricanes! As you showed here, they are a wonderful decorating accessory!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it looks classy with vintage qualities great job

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia