Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween Rice Krispie Treats


During Halloween, I am always looking for a treat not only for the Halloween Baskets but for my students. We found a great idea on Pinterest and decided to make them for both.

 


Start with melting your butter and marshmallows in a big bowl. Add some orange food coloring. 





Next stir in your rice krispies. Next, the messy part…. 




Take a handful of Rice Krispies into a ball, until it looks like a pumpkin. Add an unwrapped tootsie roll to make the pumpkin’s stem. Let the pumpkins set for twenty minutes.



Next add green icing leaves and vines to the pumpkins. Now the original idea was to use green fondant but I don't really like fondant. So my genius of a daughter mentioned the green tootsie roll.... 



Oh My, they were perfect. They rolled out just like fondant without the mess.  


Allow to set for another twenty minutes to get the tootsie roll hardened a little. 



Set in a decorator bag. Tie with a pretty ribbon. 


 

All ready for the students and my baskets!!!

1 comment:

  1. I will have to attempt making those. So original!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia