Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Tablescape


Halloween is one of those holidays that it can go many different directions. For this weekend's Sunday dinner, I wanted a pretty and cute Halloween table with a little edge but how pretty can black and orange really be. 

So I started with a black damask table cloth. And to add some elegance, white plates. 




Next a touch of orange with fiesta tangerine salad plates. Luckily, we live in Knoxville, TN. So they will always be a wonderful addition to any University of Tennessee table or party in the future. 




Top with black and white polka dot plates and a silver charger. I think I have created an elegant table. 




My Gorham Star wine glasses with some sweet yard sale highballs makes the table look baroque and very elegant. Cut crystal always makes everything look so much prettier.



I love the treble clef flatware, Old World Market, but needed a white place mat for you to be able to see them on the black tablecloth.



Little skull place cards, a great find at Target after Halloween sale. A fun kind of creepy touch.



And some elegant and creepy silver napkin rings, another Target after Halloween find. 


I added my Fitz and Floyd Halloween cookie jar for a centerpiece. It looks so pretty that I love highlighting it.... the sunlight in the background makes it look like it is aglow....




I also placed orange rafia under the house and an owl... but I had to use my flash for the picture. So he really has creepy eyes.



Several years ago, I found some silver candlebras at a yard sale that were really terribly marred with some sort of cleanser. They were $10 but the lady thought you might be able to clean them, which I could never get them back. The silver was ruined. So I thought, why not paint them. I have painted them white and now black. They are still beautiful even though they are not silver. I love them on this table.... now that is baroque! I also have spider salt and pepper shakers.




 



They are a little hard to see. I love these dishes and thought about a wonderful late spring table I am going to create.  




The family is going to love our Halloween Sunday dinner.... I know it sounds wierd but at least the table will be pretty. 


Menu

Eggs Benedict with Steak
Bernaise sauce
Cheese Grits
Fruit Salad
Cinnamon Rolls 
 


I am late to Susan's Party but I hope you will enjoy the table. Visit her blog and all the pretty tablescapes.












5 comments:

  1. now that is a great table...a little spooky but not too much....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant table for Halloween. I would loe to find a candelabra. Good find and the paint looks good. Nice after hallowwen finds too. Did you go before or after the actual day?

    Robin
    RobinFlies South

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Halloween table...love your candelabra, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the table! I have that same Fitz & Floyd cookie jar, as well as a matching tray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling table, Halloweenish without being icky! I like it!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia