Tuesday, October 04, 2011

October Goals and Fall Planning


Remember my New Year’s Resolutions? Well, how am I doing on my goals?

1.     Involved in two committees at church – one so far, deciding on the other one this month.
2.    Take a knitting class – Checking to see if my sister can join me this month.
3.    Lose weight… a perennial favorite – 8 total this year…. Too many things and I haven’t had a chance but I will walk more this month than last.
4.    Read 6 books, not cookbooks, ACCOMPLISHED
5.    Organize my office - ACCOMPLISHED
6.    Learn Italian – I am re-thinking this goal.
7.    Visit one U.S. historical site with the family – Hubby and I are going to Charleston but I would love to go to Mount Vernon. ACCOMPLISHED

This week, I pack up all the accessories in my home to make room for the holidays. I always wash and pack everything up on October 1 and bring them out again on Jan. 1. The home gets a total transformation from head to toe.





Outside gets the full Fall transformation also, bales of hay, mums, pumpkins, gourds and Halloween decoration.



My guest bathroom will get demolished in two weeks and I haven’t looked at one tile. Yikes. Fall cleaning has begun two rooms down and eight more to go. With two parties in October, I need to have the house in tip top shape.


Here are my goals for October

1.     Two parties; crafts to do and menus to make.
2.    Garden closed and mulched.



3.    Five rooms “fall” cleaned
4.    Kitchen organized and baking supplies stocked
5.    Spring bulbs planted
6.    Viburnum moved and new flower bed installed
7.    Furniture painted: bookshelves, buffets and kitchen hutch
8.    Bathroom gutted and items decided.
9. Christmas picture taken.  
10. Dog costumes picked out and bought.






  How are your fall goals coming along?

1 comment:

  1. you are truly an accomplished woman! I get exhausted reading your goals - oh to be so organized!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia