Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Wellington Boots with a Twist, or a Bow


I love Wellington boots but who can afford them, besides I only wear them places that are muddy and yucky...

But when I saw how she transformed these boots at Beachbrights... I thought, I could do that..




And I bought this pair at Wal-Mart five years ago...





 Nothing fancy but utilitarian. 




So I took by Wal-Mart boots, cut them down halfway in the back. 



Purchased industrial sized grommets and ribbon at the local fabric store.



Marked on all four sides where the grommets would be even and look great



Outlined the grommet circle. 



And cut with an exacto knife. 


Now, the tricky part.... place the grommet on either side of the boot. Hammer in with the tools that came in the kit.


Next threaded in the ribbon.




How cute are these? 




Okay, now I am going to look so beautiful in the garden or the pumpkin patch. 



Do a little jig!!!




Total cost: Boots - $25. Ribbon and grommets - $20.... Fashionable in the garden.... priceless. Thank you so much for the inspiration.


 

We are going to the pumpkin patch on Friday and I am going to look so sweet!!!!

I am linking back to Today's Creative Blog and hope you enjoy!!!

4 comments:

  1. those are precious Cynthia...you are very clever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one sexy.. foot model :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! brilliant!

    found you via TCB and would love to have you visit. my giveaway ends soon but hope you can enter:

    http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2011/10/more-stencil-splendor-giveaway.html

    warmly.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. GAH! Those are so, SO cute! I can't wait to do this! Thanks so much for sharing the how-to. I would also LOVE to link to this if you didn't mind!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia