Sunday, November 06, 2011

Menu Week Ending November 14th


This week, I am focusing all my energy on cleaning the kitchen and getting ready for the holiday cooking and baking season. All the cabinets will be emptied out and thoroughly scrubbed down. 


The pantry will get the same treatment. I am putting a bag of items together for the food bank, as they always need goods and the grocery stores have such wonderful sales this time of year. 


I will also be starting on side dishes that freeze beautifully for Thanksgiving.  Tomorrow, we will be planning Thanskgiving together and I will show you which dishes freeze. I tested a turkey this weekend to see if I can prepare it ahead of time. We are eating it today. I will give you my thoughts tomorrow.


I still have flower beds that need cleaning out. The bulbs are finally all planted and I think I have the new perennials done. We will see next spring if I missed a couple of spots. 


Friday, Veteran’s Day, the University is putting on a wonderful tribute to all the military veterans. They are asking current military students to read all the names of the fallen soldiers in the Iraq and Afghanistan war. My daughter will be reading in the morning. The ceremony will start with taps and the names will be read until they are finished. It will be a very somber and emotional ceremony. This ceremony, the National Day of Remembrance will be held nationwide in 140 other universities and college. As a member of a military family, you know this day will be very special to our family. Try to attend one of these events if you get a chance to honor those who have paid the ultimate price for not only our freedom but those in Iraq and Afghanistan.


Here is this week’s menu:

Monday


 

Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Cesar Salad
Italian Bread

Tuesday



Salmon with Dill Butter
Hasselback Potatoes
Roasted Asparagus

Wednesday

 

Club Sandwich
Orzo Pasta Salad

Thursday


Out

Friday


Shrimp Po Boys
Grits
Tomato Caprese Salad

Saturday


Potato Soup
Green Tossed Salad
Beer Bread

Sunday


Ham with Pecan Glaze
Scalloped Potatoes
Roasted Green Beans with Almonds

Have you thought about your plans this week?

1 comment:

  1. I am thinking about my plans for this week and already have my menu halfway planned out! But I'm concentrating more on my cleaning schedule for the holiday! Trying to get things done before my daughter comes home for her first college break. My hubby teaches at a local university now and they are doing something special on Friday also. I'm planning on attending as well. As usual, your menu looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia