Remember my New Year’s Resolutions? Well, how am I doing on my goals?
1. Involved in two committees at church – Still trying to find the other committee chair.
2. Take a knitting class - Working on a baby sweater and attending class ACCOMPLISHED
3. Lose weight… a perennial favorite – 8 total this year…. Oh my, no luck...
4. Read 6 books, not cookbooks, ACCOMPLISHED
5. Organize my office - ACCOMPLISHED
6. Learn Italian – I am re-thinking this goal. PUT OFF UNTIL 2012
7. Visit one U.S. historical site with the family – Hubby and I are going to Charleston but I would love to go to Mount Vernon. ACCOMPLISHED
As the year's end is on the horizon, I know that time is running out to finish my goals. I have completed four out of seven goals. One more will be completed by the month's end and I will move learning Italian to next year. However, the weight lost goals is still hanging out there.
The funny thing about goals is that unless you focus on them, you do not complete them. Weight loss is one of those goals. I will keep working on that goal until I accomplish it.
Thanksgiving is coming.... one of my favorite holidays. I love the family together, games, food and beginning of the Christmas season.
No one in our family can start singing or playing Christmas carols until midnight on Thanksgiving night.
Also no one can start decorating until the day after Thanksgiving. Each holiday should be enjoyed fully, especially Thanksgiving. Giving thanks gets shoved aside for the holiday season.
This month, I am working on Christmas gifts, my gift baskets, getting ready for a big Thanksgiving dinner and enjoying the last remnants of the Fall. Trust me, I will switch gears the day after Thanksgiving.... and not a moment before.
1. Baby Sweater knitted
2. Kitchen totally and thoroughly cleaned.
3. Kitchen organized for holiday baking
4. Making Thanksgiving tablecloth and napkins
5. Thanksgiving place cards
6. Gift baskets for elderly... early this year.
7. Enlarging the dining room table
8. Embroidering presents for Christmas