Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pumpkin Bread Gifts

I am on a gift giving roll. I love to give the service people in my life gifts to thank them. We give big 2 liter bottles of Coke and cups during the hot summer days. I love to leave the mailman homemade cookies and I cannot do enough for my hairstylist… I mean seriously what would I look like without hair color? 



I saw these little bread containers last year at one of the craft stores for $.50 

These bread containers are heat proof. Filled with pumpkin bread, they would make a wonderful little thank you for those special people that make my life easier. 


Bake with a wonderful bread. Wrap again in cellophane and tie with a ribbon. I will place a note of thanks on top. 




These people are the backbone of our economy. If your garbage man did not come for three weeks, what would you do? Show them some kindness. Even if it is only a note of thanks. I am participating in Foodie Friday. 



Pumpkin Bread
1 1/2 c. of granulated sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil 
2 eggs
8 oz mashed pumpkin
1 3/4 c. flour
3/4 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/3 t. salt
2/3 t. cloves
2/3 t. nutmeg
2/3 t. allspice
3/4 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1/3 c. water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease 4 small loaf pans or two larger loaf pans. 

Combine sugar, oil, pumpkin and eggs; mix until well blended. Add all dry ingredients and blend thoroughly with pumpkin mixture. Add vanilla and water, and mix until all ingredients are well blended. Pour into prepared loaf pans. 
Bake at 350 for one hour for larger loaf pans and 45 minutes for smaller loaf pans. Remove when a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for an hour before you wrap with cellophane.

6 comments:

  1. Cynthia,
    I just love this idea and those darling little bakers! What a kind and sweet thing to do. I am going to follow your good example, and I'm using your recipe. I am wild about pumpkin bread!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are awesome...what a nice idea...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to make some fruit cakes with my mom for Christmas gifts this year. I'd going to decorate them like you did. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, how cute! I wish I knew where to find those adorable little pans. I'd buy a whole bunch. Love how you wrapped up the little loaves. Great idea.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those little pans! Wish I had some of them! I, too, like to think of service people. I always have my son take bottles of water to them in the summer and I always give home baked cookies and gift cards with thank you notes to them at Christmas. I always give my hair stylist a nice gift at Christmas and her birthday. In return, I have found these people are always so nice to me. My trash man will bring my cans to the garage door in the winter months. Kindness begets kindness. It's a win-win for everyone!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia