Monday, November 07, 2011

Thanksgiving Planning


A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a post about getting ready for the fall. Well, Thanksgiving is two and a half weeks away. How are you doing? My house is ready and the guest rooms have fresh sheets on the beds. I am making little gift baskets for the guests. As you know, this week, I am scrubbing the kitchen, a chore I will have to repeat after Thanksgiving because I can’t stand turkey grease and I feel like my kitchen is covered in turkey grease after I bake the turkey. 

I am working on the table, the tablecloth and setting up for 16. The tablecloth is really giving me a fit... I am not able to find the right tablecloth so I might have to make it.  I haven't decided on centerpieces for both tables. 

My inspiration table is here:




I love the crispness of the table and with my Spode dishes, the table will be better balance. This was my inspiration last year. I have two tables and need to find matching tablecloths, not an easy task.




 
The Menu:

Turkey, Brined and Stuffed
Pecan and Bourbon Glazed Ham
Sausage and Mushroom Stuffing
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole
Broccoli and Rice Casserole
Wild Rice and Corn
Buttered Carrots
Sweet Potatoes
Cranberry Sauce
Two types of dinner rolls

Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Caramel Apple Pie
Cheesecake

Mashed potatoes, Broccoli rice casserole and the wild rice and corn will be made this week and frozen. They reheat perfectly. I will leave them a little undercooked and finish them off just before the dinner. 


I would love to make a soup for an appetizer but everyone turned it down last year in anticipation of the dinner. I think that was a compliment… at least I am taking it as one. 


My thoughts on the great turkey experiment. I have never brined a turkey but thought it made the turkey…..

1 comment:

  1. Your menu looks fabulous! I've been slowly getting mine together-but now that I see your post, I better get moving!!!! For me the menu and cooking are the easy part-I hate cleaning the house!
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia