Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Candy Cane Polka Dotted Tablescape


This table was inspired by my favorite cake plate, wait until tomorrow’s post about how that plate came to live at my home. As you know, I have put a request that we have an old fashioned Sunday dinner at my home.






For me, food is love. I want to make those that I love feel special and my Sunday dinners and my tables need to reflect the love I feel for those people. 


For this table, I thought we would have dinner in my kitchen. I have the cutest kitchen decorations… candy, candy cane inspired decorations along with this fun sandwich platter, topped with these snowman mugs, ready for hot chocolate. I will show you the rest of the kitchen next week.



As someone who loves to bake, what better theme for a kitchen than a sugar coated red and green kitchen.



 It all started with this cake plate. I mean look how cute her feet are!!!



For the table, I decided that red and white polka dots would be perfect. From the tablecloth and napkins

To the plates.



Topped with the Santa plate. His blushing cheeks make this dish so sweet.




Polka dots can make any table more fun and less formal.



Kate Spade flatware with the tiniest ruffle along the edge continue the fun theme.



I found these cute candy vases and decided to set not one arrangement but three.




Although I am making Sunday dinner, how cute would this table be for a cookie party for the kids.

Sunday Dinner Menu
Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Baked Potato with Sour cream and chives
Green Salad with Candied Pecans, Cranberries and Feta

Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting


Chargers: Home Goods
Dinnerware: Spode
Flatware: Kate Spade
Napkin Rings: Christmas store
Centerpieces: Vases - Carolina Pottery
Santa Plates: Carolina Pottery
Tablecloth and Napkins: Home Goods

I am joining Susan and her Tablescape Party. I love all her fun tables and the tables of all the fun ladies

7 comments:

  1. Celebrating homes has some cute stuff that would match this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so whimsical & fun! I love the polka dots. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun and festive table -- Love those centerpieces and the snowman mugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun festive table...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. precious...absolutely precious...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cynthia,
    what a darling tablescape, love all those polkadots. Very festive and fun
    and I love red velvet cake but what fun making it polkadot to go along with all your adorable tableware.
    Such fun!
    All very very cute!
    Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments,
    Merry Christmas
    blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gotta tell you, Cynthia...food is love to me, too! I try my best to stuff my loved ones with good cooking at every turn (although these days, of course, I'm using things like I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and Truvia!). I just want them to know that I care enough to make the very best for them. You obviously have that same trait, and you presented everything beautifully. I love the polka dots and candy canes!!! The little snowman mugs are just too cute for words! Who wouldn't want to sip hot chocholate out of one of those!??!!! Everything looks wonderful! I wish you and your family the very merriest Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia