Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Christmas Organization


Right about now, I start to panic… too much to do and only two and a half weeks to do it. However, if I sit down and devise a plan, I always seem to feel better, a little less stressed. Having a plan allows me to work the plan and not feel as though the plan is working me.
 

So here is my plan for the next three weeks: 
         
1.     Finish decorating the house by Thursday 

 


Here is my poor undecorated tree in the living room. 





2.    Finish Christmas shopping… My goal is to finish by Saturday.
3.    Wrap presents – Saturday is set aside to wrap all the presents. 

4.    Christmas Baking Schedule

Today
a.    Marshmallows
b.    Gingerbread House
c.    Salted Caramel Brownies

12/14
a.    Chocolate Chip Cookies
b.    Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
c.    English Toffee Cookies
d.    Rolo Cookies

12/17
a.    Oatmeal and Dried Cherry Cookies
b.    Chex Mix
c.    Puppy Chow

12/21
a.    Cheesecake
b.    Coconut Cupcakes

5.    Gift Basket list completed


          
6.    Gingerbread house – it takes several days for the gingerbread to get stale enough for the construction of the house. I am planning on spending Saturday 12/10 morning to complete the house.

7.    Christmas picture taken – 12/15
     
    8.    Christmas Cards sent – I am in the process of addressing the cards, it should be done by this weekend.
        
9.    Party Invitations sent – I have not even started this but will accomplish it by Saturday 12/10

That should take care of the holiday. We have parties and friends to see but I am pretty well ready for those. How are your holidays coming?

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow. I aspire to be you...my Christmas planning technique...

    Buy a gingerbread kit at the store...
    Keep it in the house waiting until...
    "Quick, kids...we have 10.54 minutes to spare, slap the house together and STOP eating all the candy!"

    Not quite as polished as your approach ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! I'm exhausted just reading your baking list! I'm doing good if I bake one batch of cookies. Happy baking and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are definately an accomplished woman...love how much you get done...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia