Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cheese Steak Calzone


As a former Pennsylvania from around Philadelphia, I love Cheese Steaks but living in the south... leaves this former Yankee a little sad longing for a true Philly Cheese Steak. 



 However, I can make a close facsimile to the Cheese Steak. 
 
Start with defrosted loaf of bread and spread it out in a 9 by 14 inch square layer. 

 

 
Layer thinly sliced steaks that I broiled this weekend. I seasoned them with salt, pepper and garlic powder before I broiled them. Top with mozzarella cheese. 



Starting at one long edge, roll the steak and cheese carefully in the bread. 

 


Place edge side down on cookie sheet. Brush with olive oil and add several slits to allow steam to escape. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until brown. 

 


Now, I like my cheese steak plain but imagine all the sides you could add.... melted Velveeta (very Pat's Steaks of you), grilled onions, peppers, mushrooms or tomato sauce. YUM!!! 




This dish can be frozen for a great SuperBowl snack or a weeknight dinner.

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious and I am going to try it SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your meals always look so good...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia