Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Menu: Week Ending February 5th


 
Winter affords me the opportunity to spend quality time on the inside of my home; painting, cleaning, dreaming of new projects or finishing old ones. I get to curl up by the fireplace with a stack of magazines to catch up on what is possible. Winter gives me a break from the yard work. However, as February approaches, the garden and flowers always start to call my name. Here in Tennessee, we have winter weeds that pop up... so this week.... the weeding and clean-up begins. 

My office is a pile of projects halfway done or in the drawing stages... I need some quality project time this week too. With the SuperBowl and the Super Hubby on his way home this weekend.... Tailgating will take a high priority too. I would love to have some people over but don't know if I have time to organize it. 

So this week, I am relying on my trusty freezer meals. This week, the crockpot will get a full work out.


 Tuesday

Fig Balsamic Chicken thighs in the slow cooker
Iceberg Wedge with Blue Cheese

Wednesday


Apple, Ham and Brie Panini
Corn Fritters
Garden Salad

Thursday

Out

Friday


 
Black Bean Burgers
French Fries
Cole Slaw

Saturday


Red Beans and Rice
Arugula Salad with Cranberries, Almonds
and Homemade Ranch

Sunday Brunch



Belgian Waffles
Sliced Strawberries
Warm Maple Syrup with Pecans

Sunday Bowl Menu



Chili with all the trimmings
Southwest Burritos
Chicken Empanadas
Football Cupcakes





6 comments:

  1. you have such a variety in your menu...we tend eat the same things all the time...creatures of habit I guess...have fun with your hubby home...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have fun. You always have great things. I know you are careful to lose weight... I need to be more careful too.

      Cynthia

      Delete
  2. yum.. looks and sounds like a healthy and delicious mix...I love the idea of an apple in sandwiches...my kids are never happy about that!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will follow back. Thank you so much for the follow.

      Cynthia

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog and I am so intrigued! your tablescapes are beautiful!! and this menu looks great

    Ciara Brady
    lovely-darling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate them. I am off now to check out your blog.

      Cynthia

      Delete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia