Monday, January 09, 2012

Menu: Week Ending January 15th


Classes start on Wednesday and I have two days to wear PJ's, sleep late, shop, sew, read books, start a project, bake, etc. Two more days of Winter vacation... until we get back to reality. I think my daughter and I will take one of those two days to enjoy the last remnants of the break.

I have to tell you, I had weird goals for the holiday vacation.... You know how goal oriented I am.

1.     Learn one game on the XBox 360. I am level 50 on Call of Duty Black Ops... Conquered....
2.    Watch Friday Night Lights from beginning to end.  I only got halfway through the shows but am totally hooked.
3.    Spend some serious time on Photoshop. Almost acomplished
4.    Spend two days in my PJ's. One down and one to go.
5.    Totally reorganize Christmas... done

Back to reality but first, I have garden planning to do this week and seeds to order. The promises of spring beckon in the pages of those seed catalogues.

If you notice, my menu is all winter, hearty food. Not only is the food hearty but it all freezes beautifully, except the Monte Cristo sandwiches. I am doubling every recipe for days in February that I may not want to cook. 

Monday




Shrimp Risotto
Garden Salad with Vinaigrette

Tuesday

Cesar Salad
French Garlic Bread

Wednesday


Boeuf Bourguignon
Beer Bread

Thursday

Out

Friday



Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Homemade Potato Chips
Crudities

Saturday


Senate Bean Soup
Arugula Salad
Dinner Rolls

Sunday Dinner

Stuffed Pork Chops
Roasted Carrots
Creamed Spinach
Salted Caramel Brownies


 What's on your menu this week?

1 comment:

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia