Wednesday, January 04, 2012

New Year's Resolution


I love making yearly goals and did pretty well on my New Year' s Resolutions last year. Well, it is time to make this year's Resolutions. As a family, we always have a yearly dinner to discuss what goals we want to accomplish. 

This year, I have two big projects to accomplish.


1.     Remodel a bathroom

Love this inspiration photo:

 



Here is the current bathroom!!!



2.    Start the remodel of the kitchen. The basic items will be ordered and I need to talk to an architect about a load bearing wall that I want to remove. The kitchen remodel will begin in earnest in January 2013, but I want to spend this year, planning, purchasing items and laying the ground work of electrical. 






While those goals are big and need time, most of my goals are much smaller but focus on expanding the things I already do. 



1.     Take a flower design class








2.    Learn Italian
3.    Knit three baby items
4.    Smock four outfits for Mr. Fletcher - starting with Easter... and wait for the other cute outfits.



5.    Work out three times a week and lose 30 pounds. That is 2.5 pounds a month... I will have to keep an eye on that goal.
6.    Sunday dinners with the family two times a month.
7.    A week spent with the family at the beach.




While those goals don't seem earth shattering, I think they are fun and achievable goals that will make me happy if I complete them.


Far too many people make New Year's Resolutions that are negative.... I won't smoke, I will lose weight, etc. But few people include positive goals and less people put a monthly target for the goals. Losing weight will be tough, there is no doubt but when you break it down to 2.5 pounds a month, it doesn't seem unattainable. 


How to achieve and keep your New Year's Resolutions:

1.     Make the goals positive
2.    Make your goals achievable
3.    Set monthly goals.
4.    Post your goals in a high traffic area, like the bathroom mirror.
5.    As you hold me accountable, you should find someone to help you be accountable.
6.    Have fun!!! You are transforming your life, one small step at a time.


2 comments:

  1. nice to see you back Cynthia...sounds like good goals...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cynthia! I noticed you bathroom inspiration is actually MY BATHROOM!!! I'm so flattered:)

    I wrote about it in several posts on my blog:
    dreamitbuilditstyleit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia