Thursday, January 12, 2012

Simplifying


While I was making my New Year's Resolutions, I decided this was the year I was going to SIMPLIFY. This concept goes am beyond just organizing. And it does not mean to be a minimalist. 
 
By Simplifying to me means, finding routine, 

smell the roses, 


giggle with a baby, 


 eating better,


meals with family,
 
 
spending time on adventures,
 

enjoying the fruits of my labors,


get rid of what you don't like, want or use. 

Carefully, closet by closet, drawer by drawer, I am looking at every item in this house and accessing its importance. Do I really want to give up space for the item?

1.     Each item that stays through the editing gets organized and catalogued. Several fun apps help with clothing organization.
2.    I created an excel spreadsheet to organize dishes, table linens, place cards, etc. 


3.    Pinterest is a great way to organize blog or magazine ideas.
4.    I am taking items to Goodwill weekly rather than a big pile that waits for a truck, etc. They leave each week. 
 

What are you doing this year to get organized? I will be sharing which clothing app I end up using and my excel spreadsheet in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia