Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Brunch: A Farmhouse Breakfast


The boys are back in town and boy, did they bring their appetites. During the holiday, I wanted to make them Eggs Benedict with Steak but never seemed to have the right time. This Sunday after church, I am making them a special brunch so when they leave, they will not only be filled physically but quality time with the family and church will leave them filled spiritually.
 
 


But such a brunch requires some extra prep work ahead of time. Because it is winter and sort of dreary, I decided to set a fresh farm table for brunch. 



I found this table runner at Home Goods and thought how pretty would it be in my kitchen with my aqua and cream dishes? 






I love the aqua and cream colors, especially in the winter. 



 And it matches my kitchen perfectly. I found this Star of Bethlehem plant, sadly I forgot to plant paperwhites but this plant is so pretty, it makes me forget about the paper whites. Also my big rooster is one of three, he has sat in my bay window for more than ten years. I know he is glad to be at brunch.




I know last week, I poo pooed layering plates but this week, I can't help myself. Look at the little roosters on this plate.
 



And the new flatware is just Gorgeous... I love it.





The boys will not be impressed but I think my daughter will be. 





She helped me pick out the flatware, another Home Goods find.. That store is amazing.



 The glass rooster is ready for the butter.




And coffee mugs for the coffee drinkers. My juice glasses are twenty years old but we still love them, especially for breakfast. I use them for everything, jams, dressing, etc. They have lids so you can cover any item.










Sugar and creamer all ready for the morning.





Which brings me to the favorite item on this table, the napkin rings are Arthur Court and fairly old. 
 

They are the perfect compliment to breakfast... who doesn't love a pig for a napkin ring.






Or a bunny?





or a duck?





or a chicken?




I hope you enjoy my Sunday Brunch table. It is a special feeling to serve your family a wonderful meal on a pretty table.






Menu
Eggs Benedict with Steak and 
Bernaise sauce
Oven potatoes
Cinnamon Rolls
Pineapple




Chargers: Ikea
Aqua Plates: Bordella - TJ Maxx
Cream Chicken Plates: Tuesday Morning - on clearance
Flatware: Silver Tear by Gourmet Setting - Home Goods
Mugs: Mikasa French Countryside
Napkin Rings: Arthur Court - Belk, a long time ago
Table Linens: Home Goods
Glass Rooster: Antique Store
Big Rooster: Tuesday Morning more than ten years ago. 

I am joining Susan at her Tablescape Thursday Party... come join in!!



14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Of course I love anything with chickens and roosters. I have an Aurthur Court tray and trivet with rabbits on them. I love them.
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words... I love Roosters and Chickens too.

      Delete
  2. what a cool idea....i bet your guys will love it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your table! All the elements work together so beautifully. I LOOOOVE to stack plates! All of yours are beautiful. Thanks for sharing this table. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cynthia,
    Nice to meet you hear in blogland,
    this is my very first visit with you.
    Liked your pretty farm table very much, I am in love with that shade of blue, and love your pretty blue plates, have seen them at home goods before, and want to take them home with me everytime I see them. Like the way you layered the plates, they look very pretty. Know your family must have enjoyed it too. Pretty new flatware, very nice.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. You are very kind. Home Goods can be dangerous.

      Delete
  5. Your blue and cream colors are so dreamy! What wonderful Home Goods finds! I haven't been there since I started tablescaping. I just know I would be out of control!

    Thanks for sharing your lovely table. I did a farm inspired table this week, too. WAY different than yours!

    Elaine
    Creating Wonderful Spaces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind of you to stop by. Home Goods is dangerous when you are just browsing... I know.

      Thank you for stopping by. I am going to check out your farm table.

      Cynthia

      Delete
  6. What a pretty breakfast table! I really love the colors in your layered plates -- how fortunate that the runner coordinated perfectly! The napkin rings are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tricia,

      Thank you for all your kind words. The runner was a tremendous find.

      Cynthia

      Delete
  7. Cynthia,
    Seriously stunning table. I love the cream and aqua colors, my all time favorite color combo. You really did a great job balancing the elegant and the rustic. I'm going to have to check Home Goods out more often 'cause I am loving your flatware.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO sweet!!! So pretty! The runner works so well with the color of your dishes! I have those same dishes but haven't used them yet because I'm looking for just the right elements to complement them. You hit a homer! The napkin rings are super special, as is the flatware! The twisted handle is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful table...love aqua and white.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the farm fresh theme on your table! I love the colors and I'm always drawn to anything aqua. Love your new flatware too! Dianne

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia