Sunday, January 08, 2012

Sunday Dinner: Tulips by the Fire


Today, the kids are busy and so I am alone with the hubby in New Mexico. So Friday, I moved the little Pottery Barn table into the living room. A quiet dinner by the fire place.


What happier flowers during the winter than tulips?

 







Just because I am by my self for dinner, doesn't mean I can't have a pretty table. 


  
With the old coronation flatware and my great Aunt's China... what could be more sentimental and sweet.




 The wonderful thing about older china is the accessory pieces are so special. Don't you love the double handled bouillon bowl?




 With an old silver napkin ring, a yard sale find and a pretty yellow damask napkin to give the table a little more color. I am ready for a quiet dinner for one.

 


A moment to take in the weekend and prepare for the week ahead.




 Now I know that people love to layer fancy dishes of all different types but how special for this pattern to be repeat.... very classic. 






For the centerpiece, I just took a hydrangea blossom, added some tulips and green mums... for a special table setting.









With only a few flowers and my favorite china, I can have a dinner set for a queen.. or just me. 
 

\


And because it is Sunday, I found this scripture that sums up my day: Mark 6:31, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest."
 




Menu
Fruit Salad
Popovers

Plates: Noritake Alicia - My Great Aunt's China -
Flatware: Oneida Coronation flatware



I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. There are some fabulous tablescapes on her website.







11 comments:

  1. The pattern on the china is beautiful. Your menu sounds wonderful too!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so NOT an accomplished woman. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful china and your flatware is quite lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking at this china today...drooling...and now that I've seen your table, am certain that I cannot live without it! I totally agree with the stacking of your china, it stands alone with timeless elegance and grace...and your flowers are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! The flowers are so vivid and perky! Color like this is SO necessary in the cold winter months. I don't know, though...does it usually get very cold in New Mexico? I was watching the news the other night, and it kind of surprised me that there was snow in Texas and the temps in neighboring New Mexico were pretty low. This weather is turned all upside down! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This china is simply gorgeous! I wish you'd mentioned the pattern! The flower arrangement is so sweet and looks perfect in the little soup bowl -- just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW.

    That is the prettiest tablescape EVER! Absolutely stunning job.

    That particular china pattern is way way up there on my list of all-time favorites.

    Just lovely, thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous yellow and green and so many other great colors in your treasured china! Great photographs. Please share what kind of camera and what settings you used. Really beautiful table for you - the Queen! This is a perfect post to share on R & R Weekend because it does restoreth the soul! If you have time this weekend, stop by www.inandoutmynest.blogspot.com. I've just started a weekly blog party called R & R Weekend for sharing ideas about Rest and Rejuvenating our creative spirits. Anything from writing, reading, tablescaping, sewing, singing, crafting or traveling. I love to read/see what other people do to recharge! Hope you can stop by! Happy blogging. ~CJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS!! This pattern is beautiful and you've set a lovely table for yourself! I know some people don't like to use all one pattern but I love it!!! Your cream soup bowls are wonderful and your flowers go perfectly with this. Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia