Thursday, February 09, 2012

A Knitted Baby Sweater


When we found out that my son had a baby, I knew that I would make him cute baby clothes. I had made all my children’s clothes until my son was 6 and my daughter was 10.

A little baby sweater would be the perfect place to start. 




My goal was to find a cute pattern that would not look too babyish but would be so cute. I found this military sweater pattern. Besides, you know what a big military family we are so perfect. 



 
Cashmere yarn….. yes, expensive but so soft for a baby. And my theory is, if I am going to spend my time knitting, I want to knit a baby item that is heirloom quality. That is also my theory when I sew.





Knitted  and blocked…. 


 


Add the buttons 



 
And the baby…. So cute. 


 


He is the perfect model, along with his beautiful Aunt.




We took the baby to the park with his new sweater. He rode the slide for the first time...


 He looks a little worried.



 But he is in safe and loving arms.




Yeah!!! made it. And both of them are so cute!!



4 comments:

  1. beautiful...the baby...the Aunt and the sweater...so glad your getting this time with
    your grandson...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are so cute! Amazing job on the sweater. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-beautiful job-the sweater is adorable and the baby more so!! I'm your newest follower-stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia