Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Red, Rustic Table with Roosters



Several weeks ago, my daughter was out of town and I had all the boys for Sunday dinner at my house, the Roosters... get it. 





 I thought…. What manly meal could I serve the boys and still set a pretty table.

 
 

Well pasta is always a great hearty choice for men…. And I could still whip up a pretty table despite it being a little girly. 

 

Started with my favorite red and white toile tablecloth
and red placemats.


Add some big chargers... 




And a manly square dish…. Can a dish be manly?




Top with the largest pasta bowl I could find. 

 

A galavanized vase filled with red and white carnations. Galvanized tin is manly right?



 Don't you love carnations? I think they are totally cute and ruffly but they have a bad rap. 



I found these awesome knife rests at Tuesday morning. Not that you are suppose to use a knife with pasta but if they do, the knife will not get the table dirty.




Aren't chickens such a happy animal?




So another chick rests on a nest of red crinkle paper and a cake plate.

 I purchased twenty pounds of red crinkle paper for gift baskets for my daughter's wedding. If anyone needs red crinkle paper.... send me an email, I will make you a good deal!!!


 


Red flatware…



 
And red polka dotted napkins complete look. Boys, ignore the bow napkin rings. 




Mikasa French Country wine glasses for some red wine.  




I hope you enjoy the fun manly table… well, toile is not manly but this is as manly as it gets for me.

 




I hope you enjoy my "Rooster Table." Susan is having another fabulous party to highlight the beautiful tablescapes around the blog world. Join her and enjoy the eye candy. 




Menu:

Meatballs and Spaghetti
Cesar Salad
Garlic Bread

Apple Pie

Tablecloth: William Sonoma
Napkins: Tuesday Morning
Napkin Rings: Target, several years ago on clearance
Chargers: Ikea
Plates: Kroger  - 8 for $3.25
Pasta Bowls: Mikasa French Country, Tuesday Morning
Flatware: Cambridge- Tuesday Morning
Knife Rests: Fitz and Floyd – Tuesday Morning
Glassware: Mikasa French Country


4 comments:

  1. I bet your Roosters enjoyed the table and especially the food...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roosters, polka dots and toile OH MY, what a lovely tablescape! I think it looks fabulous.
    I used carnations on my tablescape this week as well.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    Aledia

    PS. I was going to follow you but the google friend connect is going away in a few days :( will you be switching to Linky?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just soo cute!! I love the red, seems to be popular this week. Yes, I agree, carnations get a bad rap, but I love them as well. Galvanized bucket is the perfect vase! Hope your guys enjoyed it!! I know I sure would, such an inviting and lovely table!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty table. I love the red and the roosters. Pretty napkin rings.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia