Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Shrimp Risotto


We love, love, love risotto at our house. It is a wonderful satisfying dish that you can use many leftovers, veggies or just about anything in your risotto. It is hearty enough to survive the toughest winter. I have wanted to add shrimp to risotto for a long time. 


So I started with sautéed shrimp in butter, red pepper and garlic. Cook them just until they are pink. 

Next take 4 T. of butter and melt in the pan you sautéed the shrimp in. Sautee one half onion, diced fairly small. When the onion is translucent, after about 5 minutes, add 1 ½ c. of Arborio rice or risotto. Toast in the melted butter until just nutty brown. 

While the risotto is cooking in the butter, heat 6 cups of chicken stock or 5 cups and one cup of white wine. Heating the liquid is crucial for good risotto.

Add two cups of chicken broth to the rice. Simmer until the rice has absorbed the liquid. Add two more cups and repeat until the rice is tender about twenty minutes. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for about five minutes. 

Add shrimp and 2 T. of freshly chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper. The risotto will be bland if you don’t flavor it.
I added parmesan cheese when I served the dish.


 


Absolutely delicious. Add a spinach salad with strawberries and goat cheese and you have summer in a dish. 

I am joining Michael and her Foodie Friday party. There are some lovely recipes and some lovely women. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I love risotto! I will so try this! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, this sounds OUT of this world delicious!!! Thanks for the recipe and how tos. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good! I have pinned this as I'm close to being out of ink!!! I can't wait to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia