Sunday, March 04, 2012

Brunch with the Birds


With Spring peaking it’s head up, I was desperate to set a spring table for Sunday dinner.




 When I found these beautiful bird plates from Fitz and Floyd, I knew they would be perfect. The colors go perfectly with my kitchen but I was going to use the dining room.
  



In addition, I have been collecting bird items because I love bird items. Place Card holders under a cloche.





  I made birdhouse place cards, using blue gingham paper. Sorry it is difficult to see with the lighting.


 


A simple centerpiece of silk hydrangeas cut short to sit in a bowl.





Add a nest and ready for the dinner.




One of my favorite flatware… aren’t they all? The Silver Tear flatware is always so pretty and add a wonderful texture.




Another bird find was this beautiful cake plate.
 




Faux bois or faux wood lines make it look like a tree.





A pretty Bird salt and pepper shaker.
 
 


 
 
And these napkin rings!!






Absolutely divine. I found them on ebay. Look at the nest and the bird feeding the baby. Lovely.





 
White and blue linens create a crisp fresh look.
The table is so pretty, I may have to set it several times in the next couple of weeks to remind myself of the coming spring.





 The layered plates are a perfect combination of blue and aqua. Everything doesn't have to be matchy matchy.




  Ready for Sunday Dinner. I am joining Susan at her fabulous website. Check out other beautiful tables.




 Menu 

Breakfast Casserole
Fruit Salad
Cinnamon Rolls



Sources:

Linens:   Dillards
Chargers: Ikea
Dinner Plates: TJ Maxx
Salad Plates: Fitz and Floyd at Dillards
Glasses: Mikasa French Country
Flatware: Silver Tear - Home Goods
Napkin Rings: Wanda Scruby Pewter on Ebay
Glass Cloches: Belk
Place Cards and salt shakers: Southern Market
Bird Cake Plate: Antique Store


17 comments:

  1. One of your prettiest tablescapes ever! (Maybe because I love birds??)I love the bird plates, the cakestand and the napkin rings! Lovely!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! Love, love, love the birds :-)

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jocelyn, thank you. Love anything bird related... does that make me weird?

      Cynthia

      Delete
  3. Your table is beautiful. I love all of the soft colors. All of the little details make this the perfect table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An absolutely beautiful table. Your napkin rings are wonderful, no clue to the maker? I love the light blue plates with the pretty bird plates.. Great table.. thanks for sharing.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would pay a King's ransom for those Fitz & Floyd plates! Oh, wait...I only have $16.27 in my checking account. Rats! Those plates are gorgeous!!! They are perfect for Spring and Summer!!! You did a great job of mixing and matching your dishes, too! Lovely, lovely, lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous plates!!, wow I would love to have some of those! This is just beautiful! Come linkup to centerpiece WEDNESDAY
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I juts love birds to and I am drooling over those plates!! They are just beautiful and I love the napkin rings and cake stand as well.

    I'm a new follower and would be delighted if you would follow back! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Aledia

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful! I just love the blue & white with the lovely bird plates. Everything yells Spring. Hydrangeas are one of my favorite flowers. Your family will feel so special sitting at this awesome table!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your wonderful bird dishes...love all the birds...it all looks wonderful on your table...so inviting and fun...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful. I have a "thing" for birds, so I adore this table!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't we all have bird obessision in blogland? I know I do. These plates are so sweet and I love the color. The other bird items such as napkins rings and salt and pepper shakers are perfect touches without overdoing it.

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your table has me yearning for Spring too. The colors are divine and the bird plates and accessories are so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too love all things birds...they are beautiful...your table is gorgeous...I just love the colors and textures that you used to make this table magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful tablescape, of course, I love the Fitz and Floyd plates. I am considering buying some of those, but have been waiting for them to go on sale. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love every single detail!! I have a bird thing too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia