Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cobb Salad


As you know Saturdays are devoted to yard work around here, especially in the spring. I always prepare lunch before I go outside. Lunch is wrapped carefully and stored in the fridge. The least dirty of us, goes in to the kitchen and brings us all lunch. 



 
Sitting outside in my dirty overalls, under the pergola, we eat a beautifully prepared lunch and sit to enjoy the fruits of our labors. 


One of my favorite lunches for a Saturday is a Cobb Salad. I like it because it is an arranged salad that can hold up for several hours. Give this a try, you will be sold. 
 



Besides, it is so much better than sending someone out for fast food…  while the rest of work ! I am joining Michael at Designs by Gollum's Foodie Friday.... she has some fabulous bloggers and her blog is pretty fabulous too.




Cobb Salad

¼ lb. ham sliced
2 large hard boiled eggs
6 c romaine or spring mix
½ c. Avocado – I add just before lunch is served.
1 c. cooked and diced chicken
½ c. Bleu Cheese, crumbled
2 medium tomatoes

Dressing 

3 T. olive oil
2 T. red wine vinegar
1 T. lemon juice
1 t. Dijon mustard
1 t. Worchestershire
1 small garlic clove, minced
¼ t salt
¼ t. black pepper

2 comments:

  1. I love Cobb salad! Yum. I leave advocate off mine, though ;) This is one thing I *might* be able to accomplish in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia