Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies



With Saint Patrick Day just around the corner, I thought green cookies would be perfect treat for the kids and besides, did I mention that I gave up candy for Lent… 

These cookies are so easy 



 Start with two pouches of Betty Crocker Sugar cookie mix.  Add ½ c. softened butter and ½ c. shortening. Add ½ t. mint extract… I used peppermint extract. Add 12 to 16 drops of green food coloring, 2 eggs at room temperature and mix thoroughly. 

When completely mixed, add one 10 oz. mint candies baking chip (Andes Candes has mint baking chips and my lovely hubby found them at Wal-mart after an exhaustive search) and one 12 oz. package of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Look how gorgeous the cookie dough looks.


 

 With an ice cream scooper, I put the cookies out on the cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.




 These cookies not only look beautiful but they are so easy. I am planning on making them again and filling the cookies with vanilla ice cream. How delicious would that be? So refreshing for this summer.




I am joining Michael at Designs by Gollum for her Foodie Friday.. she has another fabulous blog. Please check out her recipes and those of the other contributors.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. I'll definitely make some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a sucker for mint cookies and since thin mints are seasonal, these look like the perfect thing to take their place when I need a mint cookie fix.

    I beyond adore your blog title.

    amy @ whilewearingheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia