Friday, March 30, 2012

My Ruffly Polka Dotty Birthday Cake


It was my birthday this weekend. 

And I love birthdays and especially my own. I know that I should sit on a pillow and be pampered but the one thing in the world that I love to do is cook for my family. 


But I decided to make dinner and my birthday cake. I wanted a ruffly cake... and thought I would practice making one. The boys do not care how the cake looks like as long as it is cake. 

So here is my attempt at the ruffly birthday cake... 



Pretty.... 



Oh Wait... I also wanted Polka Dots.....

And there they are.....



I colored a batch of white cake




 with pink, blue and green....




Like Funfetti on the inside....




Happy Birthday to me!!! No candles, no fuss but lots of ruffles and polka dots!!

I am joining Designs by Gollum's Foodie Friday. Check out her blog.. it is fabulous.  

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That cake is beautiful! The polka dots ROCK. Happy birthday to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Happy Birthday to you and that cake is fabulous. It looks so birthday-ish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Love that cake you did an awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, this birthday cake is very wonderful.
    Congratulations from France.
    Sorry for my English but I am French.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, this birthday cake is very wonderful.
    Congratulations from France.
    Sorry for my English, but I am franch.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia