Friday, March 09, 2012

Rose Cupcakes


My 80 plus year old neighbor is having a birthday and I needed some cupcakes for a Sunday dinner… have I mentioned that I gave up candy for Lent. Now, I don’t eat much candy except during Easter, I love, love, love jelly beans, and guess what I crave every day… Jelly beans. Enough about my sad vices…Back to the cupcakes. 




Making the simple cupcake beautiful is so easy. Start with a plain cupcake in a pretty liner. 

Armed with a 1M tip and an icing bag, I tinted some buttercream with a mauve tint. 



And in a circular fashion, from the center outward, I piped circles.
It looks like a rose, or a bouquet of roses.

 

Add a sweet little cake stand, the ordinary cupcake is raised to a special dessert. 


 


Or put in a pretty box with shredded paper, it becomes a beautiful gift for my lovely, sweet neighbor. 


2 comments:

  1. so pretty and they look yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cupcakes!!
    http://mybookofloveblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia