Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Rose in Winter


As you can tell, spring is just around the corner and so my tables have gone spring like. But it is still winter and I thought why not whip out one of my favorite tablecloths and make it look like spring in the dining room. 




With some pink roses in a silver bowl, the table does not need much else. 


 


Starting with these silver green wicker chargers, I found at William Sonoma last year after Easter Sales.




I added the cream chargers from Ikea and my basic Mikasa French Country. I did not own these dishes until last year. After seeing how wonderful Yvonne's white dishes were and how often she used them in fun and creative ways, I knew that I had to try them. She was right, a basic dish can add so much as a backbone to everything else going on.  


 



Royal Albert sweet accent plates, topped with a Rose Cupcake on a sweet little cake stand create a beautiful floral table. Everyone could eat dessert first... we may have to do that one day. A Backwards Dinner.






 
My Grandmother's hot chocolate set brings a beautiful accent of rose and gilded gold. I love having treasures passed down when the family meets. I feel like they are there with us. I know my Grandmother would love all the fuss at Sunday dinner. She was one of those very prim and proper ladies. Hats and gloves to church. And she never went to town with out stockings on. I love that about her.

 


Let me tell you about the floral arrangement. Take a simple silver bowl, put in some oasis and form a criss cross pattern with floral tape. Cut your greens and anchor them in the arrangements. Next... your going to be shocked. The green hydrangeas are silk. I know... how pretty. They help fill the arrangements without the temperamental nature of hydrangeas. Fill in with day old roses for $3.99 and what a pretty arrangement, if I do say so myself.
 




I let the tablecloth do most of the work on this table. I love the sweet accent plates and imagine I could use them a thousand different ways. The only thing I would add to this table that I forgot was plenty of candles. Oh well... but overall, I love how pretty it is and it fits the nature of the menu. 
Now, come join us for brunch and a cupcake!!!

I am joining Susan and her fun tablescape party.. Please check her out. She has a fantastic blog. 



Menu
Arugula Salad
Rose Cupcakes



 Sources:

Linens:                  Ralph Lauren, Marshall's. I just saw them         there this year.
Chargers:              Green Wicker, William Sonoma, last year.
                              Cream Chargers, Ikea
Dinner Plates:     Mikasa French Country
Accent Plates:       Royal Albert Plates
Glass:                    Gorham Star
Flatware:            Kate Spade Wickford
Cake Stands:        A local store but I have seen them online. 
Hot Chocolate set: My Grandmother


17 comments:

  1. I love spring and am looking forward to having family to my house for Easter. Silk and real together. You are a genius! I love it. The power of a really good silk flower should never be underestimated. :)
    Thank you for all your wonderful ideas and your sweet way of sharing it all with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty...makes me look forward to Easter

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've created a gorgeous tablescape...beautiful for Spring or any time a feminine romantic design is desired. Just lovely. Thank you for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to comment and say that this blog is absolutely adorable! So fun and colorful. Love the title too :)
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just LOVE the roses!! So beautiful. What a gorgeous and inviting table.


    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with the floral centerpiece!!! I often use good faux flowers as filler when money is super tight (which it has been for about a year now!), and when they are realistic they are barely detectable amongst the real ones. You did a really outstanding job in presenting these! That is so sweet about your Grandmother. I remember the days when women wore their hats and gloves and "nylons" everywhere they went in public. I remember being so excited when I got my first pair of pantyhose. I really thought I was sylin'! :-) Your Grandmother most certainly would appreciate the effort and affection put into this table. Your cupcakes look fantastic, too, and I love the way you displayed them on a little pedestal to lend extra grandeur to their presence. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love the center piece.
    Love the sweet dishes,
    Thanks for sharing your lovely post.
    Come and follow me back Joann

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet, fresh and gorgeous tablescape! Beautiful dishes and the tea set is TDF, I'm very parcial to pink, roses and flower pattern china, so your is totally lovely. Pretty centerpiece too. I just dropped from TT.
    Have a nice weekend,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the flower arrangement. THe greens and pinks were meant to go together! Lovely table!

    I am linking from ReFresh/ ReStyle.

    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is lovely. I love your sweet little cupcakes...one of my favorite things in the world. And that tablecloth and napkins are gorgeous! YOu did such a beautiful job setting your table. It is perfect for spring...and for us today!
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an absolutely gorgeous tablescape.

    How I love green and pink together, your table is so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful! It does not get any better than this!
    I love it all! Very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your tablescape! It is beautiful! I love roses,so I spent a long time looking at your table and reading everything! I love the linens, plates and of course the sweet little cupcake! Thank you for sharing.I am sure your Grandmother is smiling down on you!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty table...the roses and hydrangeas are such a gorgeous combination...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your table is beautiful! Love the arrangement! I was thinking where did she get those pretty hydrangeas, they are perfect. I really appreciate you linky up at the Spring'tacular Party!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely tablesetting! Roses can be a refreshing touch any season!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like that you kept things simple and let the roses shine! Great tip with the centerpiece and one that I have used myself. How could we live without our white dishes? Happy Spring!

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia