Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sugar Garden Cookies


Sugar cookies, my absolutely favorite cookie, is such a versatile cookie. I have used it for every holiday . This week when I was sweet talking, i.e. arm twisting, my strapping helpers, I knew that a pretty sugar cookie could seal the deal. 





Seed packet cookies would send my message in a much more subtle way than I could send it…. 




I love the way they turned out and how pretty they are with my Garden Planning table. 

 Don't you love these tomatoes... on the tomato plate?


 Or maybe some herb seeds?

 

Carrots, anyone?
 







How about some peas?



I hope you enjoy these cookies... the boys did.. and yes, they agreed to help.  I am joining Designs by Gollum's Foodie Friday.



Sugar Cookies
The Recipe
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 2/3 cup shortening
  • 2/3 cup butter
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 tablespoons milk
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 6 1/2 cups flour
  • 5 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
Early in the day or the day before:
In a large bowl cream the shortening and the sugar. Add the eggs, extract, and milk. In a medium bowl mix the dry ingredients with a wire whisk. Add the dry ingredients to the large bowl. Mix with mixer until well combined. With hands, shape dough into a ball. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
Roll out and using a cookie cutter, cut the shapes.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, or until slightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia