Friday, April 06, 2012

Carrot Cake with Marzipan Vegetables


Easter is not Easter at my home without carrot cake. I have made this cake before but it is so beautiful, I decided to repeat it. After all, isn’t it lovely?


 

Start with a tube of marzipan, an almond paste, and some food coloring. 



 
Put a little of the food coloring in the marzipan and mix thoroughly.



 Let your imagination run wild. With purple, you can make raddichio and eggplant


Or color it for carrots... 

 




Or a bunch of carrots. I added the ridges with a dull knife. All the veggies, need leaves.  







 


Or corn, making the kernels. 







Roll small red balls and mark with a knife, an X on the top for the tomato. 











Or roll an oblong red ball.. for watermelon. 









Carefully roll out a piece of green marzipan and cover the red.  Now you have a watermelon. Carefully cut in half. 








Next, pulse a box of Oreo cookies, for your garden dirt.
I put it in a Ziploc Bag, cutting the end, making sure not to get any on the cream cheese frosting. 



Now, you have a garden cake..... 




without any weeding!!!





I put her on a pretty cake stand, ready for Easter Dinner. 



I am joining Foodie Friday at Design by Gollum. You will love the bloggers have wonderful recipes.



2 comments:

  1. Love your marzipan vegetables, how cute! I have had carrot cake on my mind all week, I have been wanting it for Easter. Thanks for stopping by my blog, you asked about my Easter Fitz and Floyd rabbits. I am not sure if they are still being made. You can go the the Fitz and Floyd website and take a look, you might also search ebay and see if they are for sale on there. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is just too cute for words! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia