Thursday, April 05, 2012

Easter Dinner


I am a traditional girl when it comes to Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Menu set in stone, beloved china, white starched linens and polished silver. The table should be filled with crystal and candles. 





My Easter Tablescape honors those traditions. This quiet beauty, unlike the festive Easter brunch table, is calming and dignified. 


My lovely Great Aunt’s china and silverware reminds me of her gentle beauty, still dancing at 98 before she finally gave it up. 


 


I love a table of candles… all different candlesticks. 




The centerpiece is made of some grass with three of the familiar Pier One bunnies that I cut to fit the vase. I was afraid to do that at first but noticed they had those bunnies this year. 




So if I need more… I know where to get them. Tied with a yellow bow… it makes a beautiful low centerpiece with very little effort. 

 

One each place setting, I used an egg cup filled with Lily of the Valley. One of my favorite flowers that reminds me of my Grandfather’s rose beds, underplanted with Lily of the Valley. I played bride many days with bouquets of them. Now I know how expensive and rare they are. Unfortunately, my Lilys did not come up in time so I had to supplement with silk ones. 

 

The eggs are naturally colored green eggs that I emptied… after using the egg, washed out and filled with those pretty, delicate flowers. 

 


I also added  a lovely little rabbit hiding under the flowers. 


 


My lovely daughter donated her William Sonoma salt and peppers for the table. 



Silver trays found at all sorts of antique stores make beautiful chargers under the china. 





Vintage silver napkin rings are mixed and matched on the table.





The bunnies are ready for Easter, are you?



 
I normally list all the sources but honestly, they are all treasured heirlooms or wonderful finds. I am joining Susan for her Tablescape Thursday. Check out some beautiful ideas at her blog. Also joining Cuisine Kathleen... she has the cutest blog..
 

24 comments:

  1. I love your traditional table. The china and crystal are beautiful. And the silver trays for chargers add so much elegance.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tablescape is exquisite in its every detail.

    It is absolutely lovely.

    BRILLIANT idea to use silver platter rounds as chargers, genius!

    Happy Easter! Enjoy your dinner on a beautiful table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tablescape is stunning. I love the delicate pattern of your aunts china and the silver chargers. All the bunnies on the plates ad a certain charm. Love! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! I love the silver chargers and the napkin rings. Your table has a lovely vintage charm.

    Happy Easter and many blessings,

    Vee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table is so beautiful...love the dishes...love the rabbits and the centerpiece is the cutest

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dignified it may be, but with such adorable bunnies everywhere, also a tasteful touch of whimsey! This is gorgeous and glad someone else still feels the need to be traditional and have the same menu, year-after-year. Kids actually like that. Beautiful table!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Easter table is gorgeous and I just adore those pretty dishes.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. Your bunnies are very cute.
    I like the egg cups with the flowers.
    Happy Easter!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your auntie's china is so gorgeous -- lucky niece! The centerpiece is one of the cutest that I have seen using the bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your post and your sensibility in using all of your family treasures. I'm very traditional too and keep to tried and true menus and traditional china,crystal,silver. Everything is GORGEOUS!! Have a wonderful Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful china. I love your elegantly set table all ready for a lovely gathering for Easter brunch. Sweet bunnies on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous table and oh so elegant! I love seeing the Lily of the Valley inside the eggs. They just look so perfect there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your traditional settings. Love all the vintage treasures.

    Happy Easter.

    Greetings from a snowy Stockholm,
    /CC

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful China pattern and lovely table. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The table is so sophisticated and your tradition of using family china is wonderful. My favorite is the pretty centerpiece with the green bunnies and grass. Happy tea party! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an elegant Easter table! Your great-aunt's china is just gorgeous, and I know you treasure it. I love the addition of the tiny flowers in the egg cups! And you put your bunnies to the best use yet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so elegant and stunng! I love the moss bunny centerpiece! The napkin rings are Gorgeeeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Cynthia!
    Your table is stunning. I just love the lily of the valley in the eggs, so delicate. Your china is beautiful! So nice of your dd to "donate" the salt and peppers!
    Beautiful centerpiece too!
    Thanks so much for linking to Let's Dish! A pleasure viewing this beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful tablescape, love the silver chargers with your China. Great job, loved looking at all your pieces, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, my but your table is full of charm. I love the delicate look of the china, the bunnies hopping across the table center, and the egg cups with their sweet blooms. Then you have gorgeous silver accents with the chargers and napkin rings. Glorious! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your table is so beautiful. I love everything about it from the choice of dishes, table accessories and especially your centerpiece....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful table, from the dishes to the silver to the crystal. The centerpiece is one of my favorites of the season. Thanks for sharing, Cynthia.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely gorgeous table. I love the simplicity of your centerpiece. Sweet little S & P's too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This table is breath taking to me. It's simple and elegant with just that right touch of Easter with the bunnies. My favorite part (beside the china, love that) is the delicate egg with the lily of the valley. Real or silk, it's just beautiful to me. I also loved the color of the egg.

    I think this is my first time to visit here. I really love your taste.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia