Thursday, April 26, 2012

Forsythia and Bees Tablescape


As an avid gardener, one of the most important components of any garden is the Bee. They ensure the pollination of fruit, vegetables and flowers. My garden is a big beneficiary of a local neighbor’s bees.




Bees make such great material for a tablescape. I planned this table for months and knew it would make a spectacular spring table.




Then I stumbled on these plates at Tuesday Morning…. I had seen these in the Horchow catalogue but could never afford them. Especially since I have plenty of dishes already but at Tuesday Morning prices… now your talking.

They had these chargers… how beautiful.




And the accent plates….






Cups and saucers…..




With a little Forsythia and a little white bee, the cups make such an impact.

 


Add my daughter’s beautiful William Sonoma tablecloth… I love this tablecloth and will have to track one down. It is absolutely beautiful.




My plain Mikasa French Country dishes.


 


And my beautiful half priced Napolean Bee flatware…. Perfection.

 


I think Forsythia is one the most beautiful signs of springs.








With the backdrop of the kitchen bay window, the Pottery Barn pitcher filled with forsythia is perfection.

 



 My little wooden daisy looks so sweet on the table. 






I had seen Yvonne’s Tablescape and fell in love with her table and her Bee Skee… I found mine on Ebay. I looked forever before I found one I liked. 



 



 I hope you enjoy my Forsythia and Bee table. I think it is one of my favorites. Susan is having a party at Tablescape Thursday... come join in.,




Sources:

Tablecloth: William Sonoma
Chargers: Tuesday Morning
Plates: Mikasa French Country
Accent Plates: Tuesday Morning
Flatware: Wallace Napolean Bee 
Cups and Saucers: Tuesday Morning
Table Accessories: Bees- Tuesday Morning
Cake Plate: William Sonoma
Honey Pot: Tuesday Morning
Glass Bee Skee: Target
Wicker Bee Skee: Ebay


25 comments:

  1. What a beautiful spring table! I love everything you've used, and those tiny white bees are so cute!
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is GORGEOUS!! My favorite in over two years of blogging and participating in Susan's Tablescape Thursdays. Absolutely delightful!!
    Thank you for sharing.
    Much love,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. I would love to find those bee plates, etc. They are wonderful with the French Countryside (I have those).

    ReplyDelete
  4. So "springy" I love the way you wrapped forsythia around the tea cups!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table is so cheerful with all the yellow and white. The centerpiece is beautiful and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fantastic tablescape. You found the best pieces and love the little bees too! The forsythia flowers everywhere puts it over the top. Such a original design. Thanks for sharing all the places you bought the pieces. I have to go shopping now. New Follower.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cheerful table! Love that happy spring colour. Very fresh. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sunny and cheerful, I just love the bees and the beeskeep!
    thanks, Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a bright cheery table, the yellow is so festive. I love the bee theme too. Thanks for sharing, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this season when forsythia brightens the landscape and provides such beautiful cut stems. Lucky you to have found the dishes....I'd have jumped all over them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that tablecloth is gorgeous!!! I love your bee dishes and flatware, so pretty.
    I like how you placed the floral around the cups.

    Thank you for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful day!

    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything about this table! I wish I had a Tuesday morning in my area. You did a fabulous job pulling this together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a lovely table! Great Job! Blessings, Tammy...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love everything about this table! Very well put together. Those little bee accents are just precious. Love your dinnerware and Forsythia.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Graciousness... every little detail on your table is to drool for.

    Love you flatwares. Absolutely, stunning. Job well done.

    Greetings from rainy Stockholm,
    /CC

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm, now you have me wondering if Tuesday morning still has those. I might have to check it out in the am!! But that tablecloth just makes it! This is just adorable, and the forsythia is perfect!!! Beautiful!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your sunny, cheerful tablescape, it is one of the best I have seen, such a beautiful combination of colour and texture, it puts me in such a sunny mood. happy TT, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yummy, yummy yellow! How great is THAT that you were able to find those great dishes at Tuesday Morning??!!?!?!? I am so happy for you! When you score something really cool like that, it just makes you kinda sit on top of the world for a few days, doesnt' it? :-) Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bee-utiful! I saw those at TM a month or 2 ago. If I had your flatware I would have scooped them up too. Everything looks so nice sitting on your daughter's tablecloth.

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  20. OOh if i had seen those in our TM I'd have bought every single one of them. I loved them too at Horchows.. lucky you. The table turned out fabulous. Love the whole setting.. perfectly done.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love, love, love the entire setting! I've seen these chargers at Horchow and have drooled a little over them. I would have snapped them up, too, at TM. I have that same pitcher from PB, but I've never filled them with forsythia. Now I'll need to go play!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my, I may have to go to Tuesday Morning tomorrow...hope they're still in stock. You've created a stunning table. The forsythia creates a gorgeous floral canopy over your design. Thank you for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  23. OH how Beautiful! your tablescape is gorgeous. love the forsythia arrangement and the dishes are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This just sings spring to me! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have to tell you that is one gorgeous table...one of the best I've seen!
    I love everything! the tablecloth, the plates, the centerpiece, you name it, I love it!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia