Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Bacon, Egg and Asparagus Sandwich


 
As you know, we are trying to eat Sunday Brunch at home rather than out every week. It is less expensive but mostly, the restaurant brunches didn’t taste very good. Why spend $50 on a mediocre meal?



But getting brunch ready at 12:15 is a little difficult when everyone is hungry and ready to eat. Well, if you know me at all, you know that I always have a plan. This sandwich is a wonderfully delicious meal that I can put together very easily and have it ready in less than 5 minutes. Less time than it would take to order in a family restaurant.

Before church, I cook the bacon, asparagus and slice and toast the bread. The bacon is baked at 350 degrees on baking sheets with the bacon placed on a cooling rack for 20 to 30 minutes.




I roast the asparagus but you could easily quickly steam it. And lastly, I use great bread from the bakery. Sliced and toasted.




Once everything is done, I wrap all the items in aluminum foil and set in the warm oven from the bacon. The oven will keep everything on hold until after church. You could also set the oven’s delayed timer to start the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes before you arrive home.

I have the table set and when I hit the door, the frying pan gets turned on medium high…. Four eggs hit the fryer. Salt and pepper.

While the eggs are cooking, over medium for three and over hard for two…. I spread mayo on one side of the bread, next two slices of bacon, three spears of asparagus and top with the egg. I left them as open faced sandwiches but you could easily top with another slice of bread.


Absolutely delicious!!! Brunch in less than five minutes and it has more flavor than any restaurant brunch. Everyone loved it so much, they had two.

2 comments:

  1. you are very clever..I'm sure your family loves how well you take care of them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds absolutely wonderful for brunch or any other meal!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia